Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Other Side

"Mercury Rising" by From Autumn to Ashes
Every breath that I exhale is a sigh -
Every breath that I exhale is a sigh of exhaustion.
[repeating throughout]
How sad - this is what your life has
Been reduced to - a single room apartment containing no more than a mattress.
The strings have been removed from the blinds and all the outlets have been
Painted over. The television screen is streaked with blood smeared from your
Knuckles as you were trying to punch it out but you underestimated its
Strength, or maybe you just weren't trying hard enough. Startled by a knock
At the door you rise for the first time in two days to answer, but you can
Only greet the visitor with one short statement. Hello my first name is
Distance and I really don't care if I never wake up again. Hello my name is
Distance and I really don't care if I never wake up again. Hello I really
Don't care if I never wake up again. I really don't care if I never wake up
Again.

The Other Side

When I talked to her today, she was distant and her eyes had turned another shade. She had lost her concentration.

Didn't conversation become our must?
She stood behind a counter in a small town and when i saw her, it was about nothing, but what had been done.

Don't you see where this could go? She just had one fist for fighting and her other fist was for complaining.

She began to tell me her life in just one story, but as she walked through hell, she told me, she always kept her head up.

Our eyes met and I asked her, Don't you know where your going or who you could be?

"I broke one day and never returned. I ran and never looked back, I feel to Hell and sat there head in hands and weak like a child. "

As she cried, I looked at her closely and she.... turned into me.


God will one day come back to claim his rightful throne in this world. Through the trials and tribulations that satan will challenge us with and use against us towards God, God will strike him down and for the final time and final hour, God will triumph over evil! God will call an army of his believers to stand against satan and this army of God, will not only call the preachers and his sons/daughters of the church, but God's army will consist of those that are the weak of these. God will choose those that are addicts, those that are unworthy, those that are worthless, and as they stand in the front they will be... they will be God's people and the main ones that bring us home and God's glory to a face against satan!

No comments:

Post a Comment