Tuesday, June 8, 2010

At one time someone once told me,"Nothing gold can stay." As I sit and stare at my life today, nothing gold ever came.

I saw an old friend of mine the other day and he told me he was okay, but as I looked into his eyes, only God and I could tell he wasn't. Nothing changed now than it did when we were kids, but you'll never find a friend better than me.

He told me about his day and I told him about my life, but God could I really help him? When we were kids it was easy. We would just replace life with drugs and time with making music, but now I'm gone and I left him behind. God, what can I really change?

As we spoke my hands began to sweat and the tears wanted to flow because I see your jet black stare and long for their color to look as mine, but our scarred hands just don't match.

I reached and he laughed, I begged and he wouldn't collapse. Oh God what could I say?

As I walked away, things just weren't the same. He had his way and I had to walk mine. Oh God, oh God please forgive us who tresspass against you and please grant us mercy, for none of us really know of what we do! Hear my cries for his soul to be saved and let gold stay, shine, and my plea for his grace be heard!


Comments:

I was told when I was in early recovery the first time (close friends of mine know that there has been many, up to this last one) that you can walk a thousand steps away from God, but when you turn around he's still one step behind you. I've always kept that dear to my heart and have never forgotten it. Just like the book of psalms it has conforted me when I thought that everything was going to crap. I really did see an old friend the other day and I was estatic when I did. But as I stood there and watched him still doing the things that I ran away from or that I had given to God, I began to ask God what can I really do to help. Well, the first thing that came to my mind was that I really couldn't do anything, but be his friend and show him what I had accomplished and maybe that would help. Then as we kept talking I began to tear up and the realization came that they were really far gone. They are such awesome people and would do whatever they could to help you, but they have an addiction to this world that's way bigger than I could take on at the moment and as I left, I just put my head in shackles and just didn't know what to do for them anymore. So as I step back, I can only be their witness of Jesus and I can only pray that they see my change and see that the world isn't just made for addiction, but there is a love that will carry and take on whatever they can't. I love these guys and they will always be close to my heart and may God hear my cry for their mercy and grace, that he will one day show himself to them. That is my prayer for today because I really can't stand seeing them like they are...God hear my cries and bless them with your spirit...I pray all of this in the powerful name of Jesus!



No comments:

Post a Comment