Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Salvation

I woke up this morning with a starvation. As I rolled over I could barely move and when I did get up the pain was excruciating. I woke up alone and lonely, realizing that I had no where to be because the job I did have was gone like a fresh breeze through the trees. I stole from its location to only get caught and with the steel cold handcuffs, it was just another bother that I received another mugshot. So, when I came to my senses this morning I looked at my phone, it was two in the afternoon and she just wasn't going to call. I lied to get my way through and the drugs just weren't enough, that's why I was shaking and the reason I could barely move. As I sat there with my head in my hands, there was no friends to run to, but there was the bottle that always left me stranded and alone. I thought it would get me through and I thought that it would get me by, but as I lay there thinking the four walls around me finally collapsed. I began to see nothing and wondered where everyone was? But as I lay there hollowed and alone, tired...tired was what I had become. I couldn't get through to you and I really didn't know why, but I'm dying here and without you I shall be. The drugs took over and the DT's made me weak, but I didn't know what to do and here was all I had. My eyes were once colored, but black was there new shade, I was dying on the inside..but this, this is what I was to become.

Matthew 21-35
The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant
21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.[a]

23"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents[b] was brought to him. 25Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' 27The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii.[c] He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

29"His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'

30"But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' 34In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."


This is through the eyes of someone who has either pushed everyone out of their lives or has/is dealing with an addiction that is just way bigger than they are. People die everyday alone and lonely or do they just not see the full picture. They die alone, but are they really? They die alone because they have not heard the Gospel. The Gospel saves lives, but it takes someone really bold to show it to them. People shouldn't die this way and if I could save them, I would. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone chooses to take their "free will" wherever they want, but they shouldn't ever die in what they think is "loneliness". We should respect them for their fight and bless them as they stand in front of us. If they steal from you, then aren't we supposed to look the other way and provide them with what they need? When they ask us for our help, aren't we supposed to drop what we're doing to do that? These are the first steps to showing the Gospel to those who need it because other people who don't know Jesus wouldn't allow these good thing to happen to them. Show compassion, show helpfulness, show love and most importantly you should always show them Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment