Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ode to You

"God Deciding"
Transgressions are madewhile cowards conveywith a demon's ear, fixed and set to slay.While the statue awaitsto be whittled awaywith a mock of a slogan hiding filth with fear.Never to learn,only to burn...and be burned.Branded straight through slate,clear as common day.What shall be the mark to be made,when we crush it all to burn it down,without sight, without sound?Not anything but a casualty forgotten in the ground.A simple shell, that's solemn still--without sight, without sound.Make a martyr,a pedestal with ribbons of slaughter.Feed the altar,stoke the fire it will take over.Ignore the cut... the skin with callus as well as interest.If all are reckless none is to profit,none is to win it.So who will pay for all the tears,all the lives, from either side?All the years, all the time of living blindplaying "God Deciding?"And who will die next in linefor the lie, justifiedfor the rise of sitting high playing "God Deciding?"And who will walk awayfrom the rage and revenge?Inhumane consequence comes in timeplaying "God Deciding."And who will fall in line to arrive,out of sight and out of mind?
As I wake from a dream, my age is taken away, away again as I stare forward, I'm young again. I'm scared and broken as the weight is removed from my chest, it was held there awhile, and relief just seemed so scares.

-Hot Water Music-



As I hide beneath my blankets, as they become my security, I see your vision as others hear my screams. I begin to proclaim:

"The weight has been lifted, as I'm finally free!"

The hold that would never let go, as the clock ticks down, I notice the time and wonder if you see what I see? The hand of God has finally been revealed to me!

The power of the Lord has set me free!

For the first time I can breathe, without assistance from you, I can see the road as it is paved beneath me.

But as I grab on, and hold on to my security, God tells me, "let go for your finally Free!"

I begin to look around and notice my age, I'm 25 again, but I'm finally free!

He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful and so that you might always fear the LORD your God."
Joshua 4:24

No comments:

Post a Comment