Monday, October 19, 2009

Bearing

Motown Never Sounded so Good

So you say, all your white flags are up and that you've had enough and that you were tired of collecting dust, you say everything always looks the same and you made your brand new face to match your brand new place, you say all your distress calls have gone out and your ship is going down

Well I say it to myself all the time,"Stop living half and a life and stop feeling like I'm half alive."


I can't get enough, I'm not satisfied, I've wasted my time with this daily grind, in single file line, is this real life, I've been telling myself sometimes, what matters is on the inside.
Do you remember when we had all the answers, and can you really remember when we wished for anything better, just to feel like it's been forever, does it feel like a broken record, a head full of yesterdays, you keep wishing your life away, you keep looking over you own shoulder, things'll never look up unless you start to move forward.

-Less Than Jake-

Today it came to me and instead of dying inside, the bulb stayed lit. As I lay thinking of you, my hand began to write. Sometimes the empty can rattles the most, with the weight of the world on my shoulders, that just didn't seem enough. With my thoughts swirling and swerving around me, I just had enough. Tired of being tired, all I need is a little help.

It is not the Lords doing in what happens to me but the pain and evil of the world, that was delivered in sin of myself and exists with and within others. It's a collection over the years and combusted over time. It tares apart those who let it and neutralized by those who don't. God's given a promise to deliver us from it with a knock but am I the only one listening?

I sit and stare, as I only see myself staring back. But I can not break or bend, in anyway just for a solution for temporary practices, or positions. It's attacks aren't like usual, but are more subtle than before. They perch overhead and with God, I will be able to overcome this.

No questions asked and with no doubt!

13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Corinthians 10:13

1 comment:

  1. Dang, it's the John Groves journal up in here. John, you are spouting off some pretty good stuff. Stay after it, bro.

    ReplyDelete