Thursday, November 12, 2009

One Scarred Hand to Another

As I walk through, I see you but I choose the closest hand.
(He is jealous for me,)


Beaten and disappointed I choose to follow,
(Loves like a hurricane: I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy)


And by choice, I find the others, one scarred hand to another.
(When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions embraced by glory,)


Humbled and unaware, scarred hands from Hell and back, torn between insecurities are blemished but never seeming undone from the eye.
(And I realize just how beautiful you are, and how great your affections are for me)


As we are divided by hands and not seeing your truth, I realize Why Can't Just Follow Directions then....
(And OH, how he loves us so, OH! how he loves us so, Oh! How he loves us all)


As my temperament changes and as the blind lead the blind, moving a million yards down...together we STAND!
(We are his portion and he is our prize drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes,)


Never dividing and never giving up, we fight for the end and until it comes.
(If grace is an ocean, then we're all sinking.)



Deciding to stop is not in the invitation and to quit is not an option
(And Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest.)


And with all our regrets and all of our discretion's, we persevere, with God, with each other, one scarred hand to another.
(I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about the way...)

Oh and how HE loves so
Oh! How he loves us so, and
how he loves us all

Romans 12:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment