Sunday, November 1, 2009

Perservere

As this life moves on, and the world still revolves around the sun scientifically like it always does without a question and answer, will we be able to do the same.



They told me the other day, one foot in front of the other and don't look back or down, because it's a long way for both, down and back. But isn't it human nature to do both?



But instead, did you see next to you, around you, and behind you, that your not alone?



I woke up today not expecting what I was involved in, never expecting the next move, but with grace, do you really need to ask questions.



They told me, roll over, get up, and deal with it...just deal....



But instead, I rolled over like demanded, but with Christ I stood. So I picked up my broken pieces as they break and fall, taking on everyday standing up,standing up tall, for within Christ I can finally begin to see through my eyes!



With my clothes on and ready to head out this door, ready to approach another day with the world, it's corrupted, and it's angers and pains.



They tell me, let it consume you, get right in the middle and stand in it's eye with it's chains, pains and temper. More than one drink for each Consumer.

So I stand on the outside looking in, as they all sway past me. I begin to grab in the middle of the eye and pull out clothes, broken contacts, and misconceptions of what I thought "we" had but was wrong, with every drink that I take.

But instead the voices get louder and louder, the scripture gets more intense around me, behind me and even in front. I look to the mountains, where does my help come from?


We listen to the world and take in all of it's broken promises and believe all of it's lies. But when your in addiction, the only thing that is right or seems right, is that addiction that somehow even though you said never would, but does, eventually takes over your life. People fight and scream but it just doesn't go away, until you take the gloves off and fight it hard and with whatever it takes to get through it. And then you get clean, then what? Most people try to take on those that are still stuck with your same addiction and ask: "Go to church with me or Meet me at church". And just completely for the first time stepping into that eye of the storm to help those people...and most of the time, they end up let down...but recently I've seen people with past addictions, get good responses with asking these same questions, putting themselves out there for the first time taking on Christ, head on. I'm proud to be a part of that and proud to say, those are my friends and I'm proud to say this in Christ with them. This the power I seek and this the power that will get us to the finish line but we don't see that, we see those who need help. we see those who struggle and we see those who need the Love of God and take them head on, like the old Irish wars, where the front line and the rest just bum rushed the other side not caring the response but about the people.


Ephesians 6 It's right below this the verus that I wanted, but my computer is being Kool(as me and Sammy would say to something that is really not cool) and will not let me...so sorry no song lyrics either


No comments:

Post a Comment