Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Today

Today, I spoke and you listened. The night finally became day, and for the first time I could close my eyes. With every faulty decision before, you gave me a breath, a fresh breath, to breathe. Because in a cloudy room, it's all that you can ask for.

Today, I stepped back. It broke when I broke, and smashed when I smashed. Violently turning in my chest, the pain just couldn't stand being content anymore. As tears flowed, I could only think about you.

Today, we died. Slowly and not painfully, we died. Our last breath was together and our friendships, had finally turned their backs. God, I asked, what is truly going on?

Today, I fell sixteen floors and survived. Yesterday I fell and shattered. Today I walked and yesterday I was running. But no matter how hard I run, my pain will always run faster.

Today, I journeyed further, today I stumbled, today I loved, but with love I always find my broken heart again, just not as soon as possible.

I dreamed of you TODAY, and for the first time, you deserved to be with someone else. But I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads.

As I break, I will not bend and I'm not going to break, but I am not worried and I am not overly concerned. Grace, shower down on me as I walk, just as she begins. But I try to tell myself, the things that I try to tell myself, to make myself forget. But I'm stunned and I'm about to break with just one more word.

But TODAY, I will get through, because what's today's difference from yesterday?
I can walk, I can climb, I can sing, and as I do this, I lift my hands and yell....HERE I AM WORLD, STOP ME IF YOU CAN!! With red light, green light being played, I'll get there eventually.

Because I will always be the one who sits back, and just smokes cigarettes, being the one with the loudest mouth and staying the most open minded as I can be!

And with my one breath, With this one last breath I will speak....the name of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment